Free Recruitment Support and Advice
Working with existing or new businesses, the Business Angus Skills Team are keen to help employers recruit a diverse and well-trained workforce, and provide tailored access to the local labour market.
We have worked with local businesses such as JourneyCall, Hydrus, Dawnfresh and Abbey Fruit to support their recruitment needs over the last few years. The team has provided support and advice through the advertising, application and recruitment processes, as well as advice regarding available funding.
Business Angus Skills Team works in partnership with other agencies, such as Skills Development Scotland, the Department of Work and Pensions and various Third Sector Organisations throughout Angus to ensure we offer a tailored approach to your business needs.
In-Work Training Allowance
The In-Work Training Allowance (Employer Recruitment Incentive) is for the benefit of small to medium sized companies with up to 250 employees who are willing to employ an eligible participant with barriers to employment. They can be in the private or third sectors. There are eligibility criteria to be met which include but are not limited to:
- companies must demonstrate they can offer sustained employment
- eligible participants must be offered a sustainable job with the company
- the job must be a new job that would not have been created without access to the In-Work Training Allowance
- eligible participants must be earning more than £8000 per year
- offers employers up to £4000 towards the cost of employing a young person with barriers (age 16-29) for the first 52 weeks of sustainable employment. Spaces are limited for this programme.