Skills and Training in Angus
We offer support, training, apprenticeships, and skills development to businesses and individuals. We are here to you grow and thrive in Angus.
Support for businesses
The Business Angus Skills Team supports businesses in Angus with training and skills development. We can help you solve common business challenges like:
- Recruiting skilled employees
- Meeting long-term staffing objectives
- Reducing staff turnover
- Finding apprentices
- Upskilling employees
- Addressing skills gaps
- Improving productivity
This takes the form of:
- Support and advice
- Provision of training programmes and accredited courses
- In-work training allowance
Support for individuals
We can assist you if you are looking to improve your skills or find employment in the Angus area. We offer:
- Employability advice
- Skills for work
- Personal development
- Short-term living and childcare costs where applicable
- Finding apprenticeship opportunities in Angus
If you have been made redundant or are facing redundancy, Partnership Action for Continuing Employment (PACE) can help. PACE is a Scottish Government initiative and is a partnership of 23 organisations providing free advice and support to anyone facing redundancy. PACE can help with money and benefits advice, searching and applying for jobs and information on funding. Find out more about PACE or call 0800 917 8000.
Specialist training and support
Recruitment support and advice
If you are an employer based in Angus, we can help you recruit a diverse and skilled workforce. We provide tailored access to the labour market in your area.
We work in partnership with agencies like Skills Development Scotland, and the Department of Work and Pensions.
Learn more about recruitment support and advice
Skills for work
We offer flexible skills programmes to support employers and potential employees in Angus. These include:
- Employability funds to support work placements
- A Certificate of Work Readiness to help people prepare for their first employment
- Modern Apprenticeships
- WorldHost customer service training
Learn more about skills for work
Shared Apprentice Ltd is a non-profit organisation established to help address the shortage of skills in the construction industry. It helps to support local construction employers while encouraging young people to work in the sector.
The organisation helps small and medium-sized businesses benefit from working with an apprentice, plus:
- No commitment to a full four-year apprenticeship
- Shared Apprentice Ltd is the main employer covering all wages when apprentices are in the college
- Standard employee costs like National Insurance, holiday pay, sickness pay are covered by Shared Apprentice Ltd
Learn more about shared apprenticeships