Skills and Training
Companies relocating, or that are currently in Angus, can benefit from recruitment, selection and training support through the Business Angus team.
Our team will discuss your recruitment needs, develop tailored training solutions to meet the skills needs of your business and match these to local individuals looking for work.
We can provide the following programmes to support business and individuals:-
- EmployabiliTAY is a 13 week multi-partner employability programme, using a holistic coordinated approach from public services, NHS, SDS, Housing, Welfare Rights, third sector and employers. Individually tailored support, group work, employer engagement and training and qualifications where relevant, aimed at supporting individuals back to work.
- Employability Fund (EF) 3, provides young people with sector specific training, employer engagement work experience and accreditation through Certificate of Work Readiness.
- Employability Fund (EF) 4, provides sector specific training and employer engagement, work placement/sector-based academies and certification in approved Stage 4 qualifications. This programme is tailored for individuals and linked with current vacancies.
- SERI (Scotland’s Employer Recruitment Incentive) offers employers up to £4000 towards the cost of employing a young person with barriers (age 16-29) for the first 52 weeks of sustainable employment. Spaces are limited for this programme.
- World Host training is a worldwide-recognised qualification in customer service skills that we provide a one day course.
- GOALS training is a 3 day motivational training course, which supports people in increasing their confidence, self-esteem and setting and achieving goals.
Additional services we can provide are:
- Assisting employers with recruitment, staff training needs and general support.
- Assisting clients with employability advice, support into work and with short-term living and childcare costs where applicable.
- PACE – support, employability advice and funding where appropriate for those affected by redundancy.
- Shared Apprenticeship Ltd (SAL) – a full apprenticeship programme. Apprentices work with a number of different employers and the local college, to gain the skills they require to become qualified in their sector.
For more information on any of the above programmes or support, contact Business Angus Skills Team on 01241 438160. Eligibility criteria apply to all of the above programmes.