Forth & Tay Offshore Cluster
Angus Council collaboratively with east of Scotland’s councils, key developers and Scottish Enterprise have set up a Forth and Tay Offshore Cluster. On behalf of the cluster, Angus Council is leading the supply chain development in order to accelerate and expand the growth of the offshore wind energy sector on the east coast of Scotland.
Forth & Tay Offshore Cluster is one of two supply chain clusters in Scotland formed in light of the UK’s Offshore Wind Sector Deal between Government and the offshore wind industry. The Scottish Government have also formed the Scottish Offshore Wind Energy Council (SOWEC) to help co-ordinate the wider industry activity across Scotland.
The key benefits for Angus Businesses of being part of the cluster include:
- Business development and advice: Tailored support from specialist delivery partners who know the sector well and are available to work with you hand in hand to develop your business performance, product and service.
- Increase your business operational efficiency: By working in close proximity with a variety of suppliers and by sharing expertise and resources, you will have an opportunity to reduce the cost and improve the quality of your product and service, and therefore improve your competitiveness.
- Access to business support: Forth & Tay Offshore Cluster will help route your company to the appropriate sources of support from Business Gateway and Scottish Enterprise to wider industry initiatives such as the Offshore Wind Growth Partnership.
- Best practice and knowledge sharing: You will be kept up to date with the most recent research and information on offshore wind industry opportunities such as by receiving regular e-newsletters and given the opportunity to connect and exchange best practice in the offshore wind industry. This will enrich your business knowledge and support your decision making.
- Collaboration & Partnership Forming: Forth & Tay Offshore Cluster provides an excellent platform for cross-sector engagement and collaboration by linking companies, educational institutions, and centres for innovation. Various events and workshops engaging offshore wind industry’s stakeholders will be designed to meet the needs of the members of the Forth & Tay Offshore Wind Cluster.
- Skills & Training: F&T Cluster gives you the opportunity to meet with Skills Development Scotland and be a part of the work they are doing in conjunction with Scotland’s further education entities.
- Investment opportunities: F&T Cluster provides a forum for regional stakeholders to work together on relevant regional funding bids and City deals.
- Access to prospective customers: The F&T cluster is supported by regional developers and their top tier contractors; membership allows you access to information relating to upcoming tenders and future project requirements within the region and beyond.
- Promotion: Your business will be promoted via an online portal highlighting specific company capabilities. This searchable database will be accessed used by developers and their contractors. This will promote your company to prospective customers beyond the region.
- Influencing: Members of Forth & Tay Offshore Wind Cluster will be represented on the relevant public bodies, therefore, facilitating input to governments’ plans and strategies and advocating for a supporting business environment which will boost the offshore wind industry in the area.
Offshore Wind Supply Chain Capability Matrix
The Matrix identifies the current and potential offshore wind supply chain companies and their capabilities. This Matrix is shared with the key developers and their selected tier one contractors.
If you would like to have your business promoted on this Capability Matrix, please fill out the survey . This will help us ensure that we maximise every business opportunity from these emerging offshore wind developments.