No matter who you are or what you do, whether at work or in the community, you are likely involved in meetings. Meetings are costly, whether they are held in
No matter who you are or what you do, whether at work or in the community, you are likely involved in meetings. Meetings are costly, whether they are held in a company boardroom or at the local coffee shop. To ensure that meetings are productive and worth the expense involved, three ingredients are necessary: an assurance of closure, a strong chair or leader, and accurate minutes. It has been said that if accurate minutes have not been recorded, then the meeting may just as well not have taken place. If people can’t remember or agree on what actually occurred at a meeting, how can the group effectively accomplish its objectives? After this 4 hour workshop you will understand your role as a minute-taker and the best techniques for producing minutes that include all the essential information needed.
What Candidates Will Learn?
- Recognise the importance of minute-taking
- Develop key minute-taking skills, including listening skills, critical thinking, and organisation
- Be able to resolve many of the complaints that affect minute-takers
- Be able to write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, semi-formal meetings, and action minutes
- Be an efficient minute-taker in any type of meeting
- Be able to prepare and maintain a minute book
What Topics are Covered?
- The role of a minute taker
- The skills of a minute taker
- Meeting agreements
- Minute styles (formal, informal, and action)
- What do I record?
- Techniques for preparing minutes
- Taking minutes in an interactive meeting
The course is aimed at candidates who are or will be involved in note and minute taking and wish to develop or improve their skills.
Helps candidates and organisations improve their note and minute taking practices in line with industry and legislative requirements.
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm GMT
Dundee and Angus College - Kingsway Campus
Old Glamis Road, Dundee DD3 8LE
Booking LinkBook now
Dundee & Angus College