08mar12:00 am2:00 pmGDPR: How Prepared Are You?Business Gateway Tayside would like to invite you to a special event aimed at preparing you and your business for the General Data Protection Regulation that will soon become enforceable.
The new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes enforceable from May 25th, 2018 and will deeply affect how you collect and hold customer and employee data. It not only
The new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes enforceable from May 25th, 2018 and will deeply affect how you collect and hold customer and employee data.
It not only applies to any European organisation that processes personal data, but also to any organisation outside the region that targets individuals residing in the EU.
Whatever your business is, if you hold data including mailing lists, customer data or contact details, you must have a plan in place or risk falling foul of the law.
At this informative event, Business Gateway will welcome Kate Wyatt and Claire McCracken, both Partners at Lindsays Solicitors to discuss the new regulations.
Kate will present:
- Key Changes in the GDPR –what do they mean for employee data processing?
- The new UK data Protection Bill – how does it apply the GDPR to employee data?
- Allocating responsibility for data handling – why does it matter?
- Data collection and retention – what am I collecting, why, and for how long?
- Policies and contracts – do they meet new requirements?
- The importance of training – what happens when staff get the rules wrong?
- Subject access requests by applicants and employees – do I have to comply and how?
Claire will then discuss the challenges and opportunities – including the processes that need to be followed with customer data, so you can understand what you must do in order to ensure your business is compliant.
Refreshments will be provided.
(Thursday) 12:00 am - 2:00 pm GMT
Business Gateway Perth
Saltire House, 3 Whitefriars Crescent, Perth PH2 0PA
Booking LinkBook Now