31may9:30 am4:30 pmFirst Line Management Skills for Supervisors II - MaySupport and trainingfor supervisors to carry out their role with confidence and impact positively on the motivation and productivity of those they supervise.Dundee and Angus College - Kingsway Campus
Taking the first step from being a team member to a team leader or first line manager can be challenging. Supervisors are key members of the management team and have
Taking the first step from being a team member to a team leader or first line manager can be challenging. Supervisors are key members of the management team and have the closest contact with the people who actually produce the work. Adequate support and training will ensure that they have the proper skills and knowledge to carry out their role with confidence and impact positively on the motivation and productivity of those they supervise. Divided into two courses, this second course includes topics on coaching techniques, conducting difficult conversations, managing conflict, and gaining basic negotiation skills.
- Identifying opportunities for coaching
- Questioning techniques using the GROW model
- Active listening, summarising and reflecting back
- Trainer demonstration, practise coaching sessions, review of learning
Managing difficult conversations
- How to draft a script for a difficult conversation
- Use specific steps to carry out a difficult conversation
- How to maintain safety in a conversation
- What conflict is and how it can escalate
- The types of conflict and the stages of conflict
- Effective ways to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance
- Recognise the importance of preparing for the negotiation process
- Understand the various negotiation styles and principles
Divided into two courses, the syllabus of the First Line Management course will cover a wide range of topics to give new or inexperienced managers a firm understanding of the foundations needed to begin their journey as a manager.
Want an accredited first line management qualification? Why not consider ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management?
(Thursday) 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMT
Dundee and Angus College - Kingsway Campus
Old Glamis Road, Dundee DD3 8LE
Booking LinkBook now
Dundee & Angus College