Absence creates huge issues for businesses – not just in terms of lower productivity, but in terms of cost which cannot be recovered and the time spent on dealing with
Absence creates huge issues for businesses – not just in terms of lower productivity, but in terms of cost which cannot be recovered and the time spent on dealing with employees who have high levels of absence. Increasingly employers want to have robust procedures in place which ensure that staff do not take advantage – but it is important that this is done fairly and consistently.
This workshop provides delegates with knowledge of the law surrounding absence management and will provide clear strategies to reduce absence at work and an understanding of the implications of getting it wrong.
- A full explanation of short term and long term absence.
- Absence management and the legal landscape: maternity issues; fit notes; unauthorised absence;
- Dealing with short and long term sickness absence and setting triggers.
- How to manage long-term absence. Keeping in-touch and access to medical records.
- Identifying potential stress & mental health issues.
- Disability discrimination; reasonable adjustments; discipline and dismissal – what you can and can’t do.
- How to conduct absence disciplinary meetings from informal to appeal stage.
(Thursday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT
Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort