As a business you may have been successful so far, but perhaps you are about to start your first employee, or maybe you have been asked to deal HR matters
As a business you may have been successful so far, but perhaps you are about to start your first employee, or maybe you have been asked to deal HR matters in your company. Where do you start when engaging an employee? How do you deal with absence and performance?
This workshop contains the essentials of employment matters and HR and focuses on what you need to know into a one day event. This is an introductory workshop to some of the most common issues you might face when becoming a responsible employer and is perfect for those with no or little knowledge of HR.
You will learn how to set up basic processes and how to deal with common queries through the use of practical case studies which are a central element of the course content. This workshop provides a practical introduction to the fundamentals ofemploying people. The workshop journeys through the employment relationship from recruitment, to issuing contracts, managing holidays, dealing with absence, discipline and grievance matters through to ending the employment relationship.
The workshop will cover:
- Recruitment – How to draft a job description and a person specification, how to prepare, structure and run effective interviews and how to assess evidence and make decisions
- Contracts of employment – What Terms and Conditions to include, pay, hours of work and holidays and how to make changes to terms and conditions
- Equal opportunities – Types of discrimination and the areas which are covered by discrimination law
- Managing discipline and Grievance – Deal effectively with problems which includes taking informal action, holding formal disciplinary meetings and dealing with employee grievances
- Managing absence – How to deal fairly and effectively with unauthorised absence, short term illness and long-term sickness through an absence policy
- Ending the employment relationship – When is a dismissal fair and when might it be unfair? As well as different ways to end a contract and rules on notice and notice pay
(Tuesday) 10:00 pm - 4:00 pm GMT
Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort
Booking LinkBook Now
£160 per delegate
121 HR Solutions Ltd